Canada-ASEAN Scholarships project
- Opportunities for students from member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) to participate in short-term exchange opportunities for study or research in Canadian post-secondary institutions at the college, undergraduate and graduate levels
- Consists of $10,200 CAD for college, undergraduate or graduate students for at least four months/one academic term of study or research; $12,700 CAD for graduate students (Master’s and PhD) for a period of five to six months of study or research; or $15,900 CAD for undergraduate and college students for a period of eight months or two academic terms of study or research
For more information, visit the Government of Canada International Scholarships website
Ethnic Quota PhD and MA scholarships
Ethnic Quota Global Study Doctoral Fellowship
- Doctoral fellowship of $8,000 per year. This funding is in addition to the regular four-year funding package with TA-ship offered with admission to the PhD program
- Opportunities for supplementary training in research methods through venues such as the Centre for Research in Empirical Social Sciences (CRESS, McMaster), the Institute for Qualitative and Multi-Method Research (IQMR, Syracuse) and ICPSR Summer Program in Quantitative Methods of Social Research (Michigan).
- Opportunities to conduct fieldwork in countries in Asia, Europe, Africa, Latin America, Oceania.
Applications must be submitted to Dr. Bird by January 18, 2019.
Ethnic Quota Global Study M.A. Thesis Scholarship
- Supplementary funding package for students in the M.A. thesis stream in Political Science.
- Consists of a $2,000 summer stipend (year 1), plus a full RA-ship (year 2). The total value of the scholarship is approximately $15,000. This is in addition to any funding package a student may have received on admission to year 1 of the M.A. program.
- The selected student is expected to prepare an M.A. thesis in the field of ethnic electoral politics and/or ethnic representation, more particularly on the research project described above.
- Students who would like to be considered for the M.A. Thesis Scholarship should consult early with Dr. Karen Bird or Dr. Netina Tan, and follow the standard procedure for admission to the thesis stream.
Undergraduate Research Assistantship Opportunities
We are looking for academically outstanding senior undergraduate students to work on the project as research assistants.
Please send a copy of your academic transcript along with a cover explaining your motivation, and highlighting any experience and skills relating to the Ethnic Quota project to:
Dr. Karen Bird or Dr. Netina Tan.
USRA Fall and Summer Research Projects
McMaster Undergraduate Student Research Awards (USRA) are intended to cultivate and support research partnerships between undergraduate students and faculty members.
See full information, application form, and relevant details on the Faculty of Social Sciences Office of Experiential Education website.